Mug Mask is a very useful clay mask for all skin types. You can use it all over on a regular basis to prevent break-outs, or dab a bit on a new pimple before bed time - often the lesion will be gone in the morning! It's great for occasional breakouts and "hivey" skin. It's even good for bug bites. Always keep a spare jar in your travel bag for emergencies!
- Problem acne skin
- Apply thin slurry all over clean complexion. Wait 10 minutes. Rinse off. Spot treat on lesions and leave on.
- Occasional breakouts
- Apply a little dab on specific lesions before bedtime.
- Bug bites
- Highly effective. Apply as soon as you can. Great deterrent for scratching as it quells/calms the itch.
- Rashy, hivey skin
- When skin is in this condition the best thing you can do is to keep your hands off. The clay cools down the skin and breaks the itchy, hot feeling.
- All over cleanser
- For a change in routine, the clay can be used as a first cleansing step. Apply a thin film and leave on a minute or two. Then add water and use a circular light motion to rinse the clay off your skin. After rinsing apply serums or moisturizer as usual.
Booster tip: Ice! Hold an ice cube** on clean skin for about a minute, moving it around on lesions. The ice acts as an anti-inflammatory to quell the itching and the redness. It also distrurbs the top follicles, really boosting the effectiveness of the Mug Mask when used following the ice treatment. You will have amazing results, just try it and see!
**You can freeze water in a small paper cup and use the cup as an applicator.
Apply a thin slurry, wait 10 minutes and gently rinse off.
NOTE: Clay is hygroscopic, i.e. it is attracted to water. As the clay dries it goes looking for the nearest water - in this case, the water in your skin. So for the first 10 minutes the mask is effective for healing, cleansing and exfoliating, but left on longer than that can dry out your skin. So watch your time!
Active ingredients; 6% sulfur. Ingredients; water, kaolin, bentonite, talc, aloe vera, propylene glycol, glyceryl stearate/peg-100 stearate, titanium dioxide, polysorbate-80, methylparben, dmdm hydantoin, allantoin, propylparben.
"I've been using this clay mask for years. I'm an adult woman and this mask really keeps my skin looking great. My two boys have also had great results."
C.S. Syracuse, NY
"I like how the mask tingles all over when I apply it - I know it's really working! Afterwards my skin is so smooth. I'm 18, and sometimes I don't pay attention to my skin, so when I do the mask really helps. It also smells good."
S.P. Syracuse, NY
"I took the mask on vacation last summer and it saved me from night time itching from mosquito bites. It felt like the clay was really drawing down the swelling. Thanks."
T.S. Syracuse, NY
"When you told me the ice tip, I remember thinking 'Yeah, sure,' but when I tried it I could not believe how much better the clay worked."
L.J. Syracuse, N.Y.